Code of Conduct
The service offered by MAC to the public follows the principles given here.
See also our General Privacy Notice
- offer help to all who may benefit, regardless of their race, religion, colour, gender or disability
- be free from the influence of any local authority, government department or political party
- give our services completely free of charge or any other obligation
- be non-judgmental and give advice regardless of how debts have arisen
- keep all our dealings with you completely confidential
- respect your right and ability to make your own decisions
- have a written complaints procedure
- make sure that anyone dealing with you does so in writing, and that we quickly and carefully check these documents to see that they are accurate and fair
- handle all your records in a way which keeps to the Data Protection Act 2018
- be authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- hold all appropriate insurances
We will not:
- do anything which we know to be fraudulent or break the law in any way
- try to recover money owed to you by individuals or companies
- help you sue anyone for damages
- give references for you
- give advice on investment shares (financial advice)
- give advice on business debts of any kind
- do anything you ask us to if we feel that it is unwise
As a registered charity, we rely on donations from our kind supporters in order to keep doing this vital work.
If you would like to know more about how to support us financially, click on the link below.
We couldn’t offer this service without our loyal team of trained, experienced volunteer advisers, administrators and trustees.
If you wish to find out more about how to join them, contact us by clicking on the link below.
People struggle with debt because of a whole host of reasons; what matters now are the actions one takes in getting their finances back on track. The link below takes you to websites we recommend for their accuracy and clarity.
- 01223 727455
- Cambridge MAC, c/o Barnwell Baptist Church, Howard Road, Cambridge CB5 8QS