Code of Conduct
The service offered by MAC to the public follows the principles given here.
See also our confidentiality statement.
- offer help to all who may benefit, regardless of their race, religion, colour, gender or disability
- be free from the influence of any local authority, government department or political party
- give our services completely free of charge or any other obligation
- be non-judgmental and give advice regardless of how debts have arisen
- keep all our dealings with you completely confidential
- respect your right and ability to make your own decisions
- have a written complaints procedure
- make sure that anyone dealing with you does so in writing, and that we quickly and carefully check these documents to see that they are accurate and fair
- handle all your records in a way which keeps to the Data Protection Act 1998
- be licensed by the Office of Fair Trading
- hold all appropriate insurances
We will not:
- do anything which we know to be fraudulent or break the law in any way
- try to recover money owed to you by individuals or companies
- help you sue anyone for damages
- give references for you
- give advice on investment shares (financial advice)
- give advice on business debts of any kind
- do anything you ask us to if we feel that it is unwise, though you are free to do it yourself or through another agency
As a registered Charity, we rely on donations from our supporters in order to keep doing this vital work.
If you would like to know more about how to support us financially, please follow the link below . . . ,
We couldn’t offer this service without our loyal team of trained volunteer advisers, administrators and trustees.
If you wish to find out more about how to join them, please contact us by following the link below . . . ,
Self Help Pack
Take the first step to getting your debt situation resolved. People struggle with debt because of a whole host of reasons; what matters now are the actions you take in getting your finances back on track.
For a Self Help Pack follow the link below. . . ,
- 01223 727455
- Cambridge MAC, c/o Barnwell Baptist Church, Howard Road, Cambridge CB5 8QS